Call it American chopsuey or crispy fried noodles, it remains to be one popular dish among grownups and kids alike. It is another twist put into Chinese cuisine. The technicality of its origin is quite confusing so lets skip that and head to the easy part. Mixed vegetables along with chicken tossed into lip-smacking sauce over a crispy noodle nest with a fried egg resting on top. Always lifts my spirit to a whole new level.
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Crushed Garlic Flakes-2
- Spring Onions-2-3
- Bean Sprouts-3 tbsp
- Medium sized Carrot julienned-1
- Chopped Cabbage- 6-7 tbsp
- Chicken-50 gms
- Chicken stock-1 cup
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- Soya Sauce-2 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup-4 tbsp
- Cornflour-3 tsp
- Fried Egg-1
- Spring Onion-1
- Chow noodles-100 gms (I used medium canton pancit noodles)
- Oil for frying
- 1Deep fry the noodles in two batches in hot smoking oil until crisp and golden brown.
- 2In a wok, heat oil, saute garlic. Add chicken, fry to pale colour. Stir fry in sequence, spring onions, beans sprouts, carrot and cabbage. Reduce heat.
- 3Add chicken stock, sauces and seasoning. Cook for two mins.
- 4Mix cornflour with little water and add to get a thick sauce. Further cook for 2-3 mins till thick.
- 5In a serving dish, put the crispy noodles. Pour the chicken and vegetables on crispy noodles. Place fried egg on top. Serve hot.