For me Noodles is an easy way to get done with dinner on a lazy day without compromising on taste or nutrition. I have tried several versions of Hakka noodles recipe, but finally let aside all and have happily settled in for my own signature style of making it. We love Chinese cuisine, but my husband prefers this home made version to the restaurant one. Loved by kids and grown ups alike. Super easy with most of the ingredients easily available, maybe right now in your fridge? Having said that, I must highlight the key ingredient here is the Oyester sauce, which adds depth to the taste. I use "Mama Sitas" Oyester sauce, actually any brand will fair well. Further, the noodles I usually use is the egg noodles from a "Giant Dragon" brand, easily available in local asian supermarkets. I always keep them handy, to counter my four year old sons sudden demand. Packed with vegetables and Chicken/prawns this dish will not let you down. You could omit the non veg and make it vegan, say Veg Hakka noodles? So go ahead get lazy, and munch on!!
- Chicken cut into strips- 2/3 cup
- Carrot julienne- 1 cup
- French beans julienne- 1/2 cup
- Cabbage julienne-1 cup
- Capsicum julienne-1 cup
- Crushed Garlic- 4pods
- Garlic chopped- 1 inch
- Green chilly julienne-2
- Onion diced -1
- Spring onions- 1chopped
- Oyester sauce- 4 tbsp
- Soya sauce-1 tbsp
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Red chilly flakes- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1tsp
- Egg noodles- 400gms
- Olive Oil- 4 tbsp (more for sprinkling)
- 1Take the chicken strips, Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Add 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, and 1/2 tsp oyester sauce. Marinate for 10 mins. In a pan drizzle some olive oil, and stir fry the chicken strips till done. Keep aside.
- 2Add noodles into boiling water, with a tsp of oil and salt. Allow to cook for 3-4 mins or till just al dante. Strain the noodles onto a colander, give it a cold bath to stop the cooking process. keep aside.
- 3Cut all vegetables. Keep aside. Keep the oyester sauce, vinegar and soya sauce ready.
- 4Heat Oil in Wok on high flame. Add the garlic and ginger. Saute for 2 mins, add the Diced onion and green chilly. (you need to be fast now, to avoid the spices from burning) Stir in the Chilly flakes and Black pepper powder. Stir for 2 secs. Immediately stir in the sauces, oyester sauce, vinegar and soya sauce.
- 5Now add the Carrot and beans. Rememeber we dont want the veggies to be cooked fully. In order to retain its crunchyness, just stir it on high flame for 3-4 secs. Add the capsicum, chicken and salt, stir again. (Don't mix the cabbage and spring onion now)
- 6Add the Noodles, stir well till the sauces coat the noodles. Check the seasoning.
- 7Take the noodles off heat and mix in the cabbage and spring onions and toss the noodles over again.
- 8Drizzle with some Olive oil, toss and serve.