The first time I tasted these Cinnamon rolls was at "Cinnabon" outlet, 10 years back when I moved in to U.A.E. I remember standing there and watching the baker make it live, and after few days just blindly tried it at home and it was a super hit. Unfortunately I lost that vague recipe I had made up, only to find this one. Since then my love for these yummy beauties only multiplies. Enjoy it as a side for breakfast or as an evening snack with coffee, nothing as soothing as even the thought of the same.
1. Roll the proved dough into a rough rectangular shape, spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon generously.
2. From the long side. carefully roll the dough completely. Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices
3. Place in a greased baking pan, with spiral side up. Leave gap between each piece which will later be filled up during baking process.
4. Bake for 10 mins or until light golden brown. While the rolls are baking you can prepare the icing.
5. Once the rolls are done, drizzle generously with icing.
- For the dough:
- Instant yeast-1 tsp
- Warm milk- 1 cup
- Granulated sugar- 1/4 cup
- Butter- 1/4cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Egg- 1
- All purpose flour- 2 cups. (250 gms)
- Brown sugar- 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon- 1 1/2 tbs
- Butter- 1/4 cup (softened)
- Butter- 4 tbsp butter
- Powdered sugar- 3/4 cup
- Cream cheese-2-3 tbsp
- Vanilla- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- For the rolls:
- 1For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a bowl. Add sugar margarine, salt, eggs and flour, mix well.
- 2Knead the dough into a soft ball. place it in a greased bowl and allow it to rise in a warm place about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- To make filling:
- 1Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- To make the icing:
- 1Combine all the icing ingredients, beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy and light.
- 1Roll the dough on lightly floured surface, until it is approx 13 inches long by 8 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon filling generously.
- 3From the long side. carefully roll the dough completely. Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices
- 4Place in a greased baking pan, with spiral side up. Leave gap between each piece which will later be filled up during baking process.
- 5Bake for 10 mins or until light golden brown.Once the rolls are done, drizzle generously with icing. Serve hot. Enjoy!
- 1You can double the ingredients to get double the servings.