Mushrooms and corn.... other than having a series of Soups up their sleeve this one is a recipe they finally team up and decide to collaborate with the good old Indian bread, just to take center stage. Yes, I mean like at least, for me this is the first ever vegan gravy Starring "Mushroom" and "Corn". Since I am not a big fan of either, they rarely make an appearance in my kitchen, but when they do, its turned out to be a table turner. I must say this is definitely a keeper. And after this, ice breaker..... lot of experiments and sparks with Mushrooms happened in my kitchen lab which you will soon find on my blog. The sweet thick cashew- curd gravy base is finger licking good. And when the ingredients are minimal and healthy, do you have an option but to try it out?
Here is a short pictorial guide to making it.
1. Heat oil, add green cardamom, cloves, and mace powder. When they start to splutter, add the ginger garlic pastes. Mix well. Add the onion and cashew nut paste. Cook for 4-5 mins.
2. Add the yoghurt, green chillies, salt, Mushroom slices and corn. Simmer for 20 mins.
Look at the creamy richness..
3. Mix the cream and Green coriander. Remove from heat and serve with Roti, Puris or as a side with steamed Rice. Enjoy!!!
- Button Mushroom- 250 gms
- Sweet corn- 250 gm
- Oil- 5 tbsp
- Green Cardamom- 3
- Cloves- 2
- Mace Powder- a pinch
- Ginger paste- 2 tsp
- Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- For Onion -Cashew nut paste, Grind together:
- Onion- 2
- Cashew nut- 4 tbsp
- Other ingredients:
- Yoghurt- 1 1/4 cup
- Green chillies- 4 slit
- Salt to taste
- Cream- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp
- 1Grind the Onion and cashew nut to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- 2Heat oil, add green cardamom, cloves, and mace powder. When they start to splutter, add the ginger garlic pastes. Mix well. Add the onion and cashew nut paste. Cook for 4-5 mins, or untill the onion-cashew nut paste leaves the sides of the pan.
- 3Add the yoghurt, green chillies, salt, mushroom slices and corn, continuously stirring till incorporated well. Simmer for 20 mins.
- 4Mix the cream and Green coriander. Remove from heat and serve with Roti, Puris or as a side with steamed Rice. Enjoy!!!