It was a "no cooking day", as I had left overs to finish. Somehow wanted a fresh salad to go with it, and pulled out anything that could go into my salad bowl, little I knew, of the coincidence I was about to toss up. All set on the chopping board... ready.. set go...Chop chop, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Parsley, Pomelo.... then comes the capsicum,( I had colorful ones,in halves and quarters, red, orange, yellow, green), the pleasure of watching beautiful colors go into that salad bowl was a silent squee broken into a smile of how Rohail stops at the picture of Capsicum and says,"it's also called Bell Peppers Mamma". Hey, wait a minute!! you see that pattern!! I thought aloud! "I got all the P's on the chopping board!. Pineapple, Pomogranate, Parsley, Pomelo and now Peppers...., reached for the fridge again looked for more P's, nothing there, it was then that I began taking this a bit... seriously now, Oh yeah Potato(chop... boils) , just threw a handful of Pasta into it. What's in the dry fruit section? I just found Peanuts! (literally) and Prunes!
After having it all in the bowl, was time to stir up a dressing. A tbsp of apple cider vinegar, two tbsp of honey, a pinch of salt, sprinkle of fresh milled black pepper and a dash of lemon juice. Stir well, drizzle on the salad, give a quick toss and there it is. Was wiped out in no time, with crunch crunch from peppers to peanuts! As I munched on a thought popped on my mind!...hey Prawns could go in tooo!!! (little carried away) :) will try it next time, you must too!!
Toss in few poached prawns or leave it vegan, either ways thumbs up.
- Pineapple- 1 small Roughly chopped
- Pomegranate arils- 1 small
- Parsley- chopped, handful
- Pomelo- 1 small segmented
- Peppers(mixed capsicum)- red, green, yellow, orange-roughly chopped- 1 1/2 cup
- Potato- 1 medium, cut into dice and boiled
- Pasta- 1/4 cup boiled
- Peanuts- 1/2 cup roasted
- Prunes- 10 soaked in water and roughly chopped.
- Prawns(optional)- 15-20, Poached in water with salt and a pinch of turmeric.
- For the Dressing:-
- Apple cidar vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Honey- 3-4 tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- 1Get all the salad fruits and veggies ready in a mixing bowl. Make sure they are chill.
- 2In another bowl add all the ingredients under "for Dressing" heading. Mix well.
- 3Pour the dressing over the fruit-veg mix. Toss and serve.