You can tell from the recurring fruit posts on my blog, how much I like to incorporate fruits in my palate, be it savoury, sweet or salads, fruit finds its way in. This is one dish in addition to the never ending list.
I loved the pineapple chicken combination stir fry I had at a Chinese joint. With a juicy pineapple in hand, I decided to try some at home as I couldn't wait until another go at the restaurant. Looked up the net for the right recipe, and ended up confused with too many options. Finally I decided to go with the Chinese sweet and sour Chicken recipe I usually make and add the pineapple twist to it. Tried it and it came out just as I expected.
Chinese is my all time favorite, for its sweet sour flavor along with its open scope for experiment. You could add a twist to a Chinese dish and still like digging into it more than ever. So go on try this Sweet- savoury dish and tell me how's that!
- Chicken breast- 200 gms chopped or cut into strips.
- Tomato ketchup- 3 tbsp
- Soya sauce- 4 tsp
- Vinegar- 3 tsp
- Sugar- 1-2 tbsp
- Pepper- 1 tsp (add more as per taste)
- Red chilly flakes- 1 tsp
- Capsicum- 1 small diced
- Carrot- 1 small chopped
- Pineapple chunks- 2 cups
- Onion- 1 diced
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Cornflour- 1 tbsp
- Chopped spring onion for garnish.
- For batter:-
- All purpose flour- 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Red color (optional)
- Chopped garlic- 2 tbsp
- 1Chop the chicken into 1" size cubes. In a bowl mix all the ingredients under "For batter". now add the chicken chunks to this batter and allow to marinate for 20 mins.
- 2Heat oil and deep fry the chicken pieces individually till cooked and golden brown. Keep aside.
- 3Take a wok, heat oil, add onion, stir fry, add chopped garlic, pepper, red chilly flakes, Stir fry, don't allow the garlic to color. Add Ketchup, soya sauce, vinegar stir fry for 2-3 secs. Add capsicum and carrot, stir fry 2-3 secs.
- 4Now add the pineapple and stir on high heat for 2-3 secs. (sprinkle water if the mixture sticks to the bottom) Add the chicken and mix well coating it well with all the juices. Take off heat. (we don't want the pineapple to be cooked, just chunky and juicy so stir fry only for 3-4secs at the most after adding pineapple, till its juices coat the chicken chunks)
- 5Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve along with fried rice or Noodles.