These healthy cookies are one to devour into guilt free. Whole wheat, honey(no sugar used), oats, Cinnamon and dry strawberries team up to make a healthy cookie bite. Chewy and textured..... and talk of flavours, its rich cinnamon-honey aroma filled the house as it baked. Not to forget the strawberries..... I used dry candied strawberries which are a hit at home by themselves! Fits into my present fitness spree like a dream.... Need I say more...
- Oats- 1 cup (100 gms)
- Whole wheat flour- 3/4 cup (90 gms)
- Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/8 tsp
- Unsalted Butter- 2 tbsp
- Large egg- 1(room temperature)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Honey- 1/2 cup (120 ml)
- Strawberries Chopped- 3/4 cup (105 gm) Fresh/ frozen and thawed or dry and candied
- 1In a bowl mix together, oats, flour, Cinnamon powder, baking powder and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl whisk together, butter, egg and vanilla extract. Add the honey, stir and gently fold in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Toss in the chopped strawberries, fold in and chill the mix for at least an hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degree F, and line a baking tray with parchment.
- 4With a tablespoon, Scoop out 15 -20 rounded scoops onto the parchment. Ensure the mounds are as tall as they are wide,and there is an inch gap between the cookies. Bake for 18-20 mins.Cool for 10 mins before turning out onto wire rack.
- 1Measurements of Oats and flour should be accurate.
- 2I used dry and candied strawberries. If you are using fresh or frozen strawberries then the cookie dough may be chilled for 15-30 mins less. Remember that the fresh or frozen strawberries have moisture and release juices while they bake , because of which they spread out into thin cookies,so make sure that about an inch spacing between the cookies is maintained.