More strawberry time. This post comes coincidentally right after I received the news of a new addition to our family, the birth of "Inaya" my Siter- in-law Dilavez's daughter. So it's dessert time, and more precisely pink dessert. I enjoyed making it and loved every bit of it. Who doesn't love strawberries, at least I adore it completely, from its looks to taste. I must say every girls favorite fruit maybe, or a fruit that holds a soft corner in "Her" heart. Come December and you will see a pack of strawberry lying in my fridge almost everyday. And why not? they look most vibrant at this part of the year and on throw away sale too!!
Packed with antioxidants and vitamin C, they sure give you more than the blush. This time as I went strawberry shopping, I saw this banner, next to the Berry counter at the nearby Supermarket.
Now that we have more reasons to have strawberry in our diet lets move on to the recipe.
I came across this dessert from the net, after being convinced that this is it ! Its going to fit the plot in my head! I wanted the right strawberry pudding to fill in my white chocolate cups. Tried it and was an instant hit.
Melt White chocolate chunks, in the microwave, fill into silicon cup cake moulds, let it sit in the fridge until set. As it rests in the fridge, its time to get ready with the filling.
Heat-mash-strain, return to saucepan, stir in flour, sugar and butter. How easy can it get?
Avoid over heating in order to retain nutrients, I heated it just enough to enable the strawberries to sweat and mash. (took round 5 mins). Take off heat and strain off the seeds. Return to saucepan and continue with the rest of the procedure. The pudding had the right sweet-tart combination with strawberry flavor intact. The tartness balanced rightly with the sweet white chocolate cup. When the mixture is just close to room temperature, fill it into the Chocolate cups.
Cover with clingfilm touching the surface of the pudding and allow to chill for about 4 hours before serving.
Peel out the silicon cups carefully and serve topped with whipped cream.
Yummy dessert, I bet you will agree. Serve it in chocolate cups or as a pudding in remkins topped with white chocolate shavings and whipped cream or as filling in tarlets. Either ways tastes devine!
So this one is for you Inaya, know that.... aunty loves you already.
- Fresh or frozen strawberries-1 cup
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Orange- 1 tbsp
- Sugar-3 tbsp
- Flour- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Baking powder- a pinch
- Salt- a pinch
- Unsalted butter- 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
- Whipped cream (optional for Garnish)
- For the Milk chocolate cups:-
- Milk chocolate-70 gms
- Four silicon cupcake moulds.
- For the white chocolate cups:-
- 1Place chocolate chunks in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 40-50 secs, or until the chocolate is smooth on stirring.
- 2Lightly grease the silicon cups on the inside with oil. Pour in around 2-3(add more if needed) tsp of molten white chocolate and rotate to cover the inner area. Once covered completely, place the cups in the fridge to chill and set around 10 mins or until stiff and set completely.
- For the strawberry Pudding:-
- 1In a saucepan, add the strawberries, water and orange juice over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Once the water simmers, mash the strawberries as they soften.
- 2When the mixture is homogeneous,take off heat and strain the mixture to get the seeds out. You should end up with 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly whisk in the strawberry puree. When no lumps are visible, pour the mixture back into the same saucepan and stir on low heat. Cook while stirring continuously. When the mixture bubbles and thickens, turn off heat. Add the butter, stir until melted, add vanilla. Keep stirring and as the heat comes down to near room temperature, pour carefully into chocolate cups.
- 4Cover with clingfilm touching the surface of the pudding to avoid skin formation. Allow to chill for 4 hours before serving.
- 5Before serving, gently peel out the silicon cup. Top with whipped cream or chopped strawberry.
- 1This recipe makes Four servings in cupcake cups
- 2In case you are serving in Remkins, it will make two servings
- 3In case serving in tartlets, this recipe serves four
- 4You may double(increase) the ingredients according to no. of servings.