Another simple Salad combination to add to your meals health dimension. Since I am on a hardcore fitness regime of late, you would find salads coming up frequently on my blog. This one is a regular Waldorf salad, a salad made by tossing in fresh apples, Celery, Grapes, Walnuts, onto a bed of Crisp fresh lettuce and drizzled with dressing made of mayonnaise, yogurt, honey etc. I believe one must always hold an appetite for salads, if not, just develop some. It acts as a detox from processed food(I am anti processed food btw), junk food, and cooked food which loose if not all, most of its nutrients to heat.
So go on, try this healthy salad, as a appetizer or as a meal by itself. Try tossing in some leftover chicken chunks and you are good to go.
- Green apple-2 cored and chopped
- Celery sticks- 2 sliced(width wise)
- Red Grapes(or any grapes)- 1 cup (slit into half and deseeded)
- Walnuts- 1/2 cup (toasted and roughly crushed by hand)
- Lettuce- for the base layer or can be roughly torn and mixed with the salad.
- For the Dressing:-
- Mayonnaise- 6 tbsp
- Yogurt-2 tbsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Mustard- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Black pepper- to taste.
- Salt- to taste
- 1Chop apple, grapes and celery. Put them in a big bowl. Toast the walnuts and roughly tear the lettuce (save some lettuce for base layer while serving) and keep aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, add all the dressing ingredients, stir well, taste and adjust the seasoning. keep aside.
- 3In the apple-grapes-celery bowl toss in the walnuts and lettuce followed by the dressing mixture. Toss it gently.
- 4In the serving plate/bowl, neatly arrange the lettuce in the bottom and pour the Salad over the lettuce bed. Serve chilled.