Who doesn't love Choco-chip cookies. And when I say healthy choco-chip cookies, all you need to do is ... take the plung. This recipe took form as a result of my efforts to somehow incorporate nuts into my son's nut aversion drama. Apart from the Almonds taking center stage its the whole wheat adding to the nutritional equation. So here is a basic whole wheat choco- chip cookie recipe with my twist of whole almond powder . It was fun stirring up the ingredients with my assistant Chef Rohail (my 4 year old son) who tipped the almond powder into the bowl calling it "flower". (mission accomplished!)
There goes the choc-chip.
Place a dollop of the cookie mixture on baking tray. I used my tablespoon to scoop it up.
Onto the baking tray.
And out come the healthy beauties from the oven, and in go the milk and cookies. Happy mummy, and happy tummy.
- Whole wheat Flour- 2 cups
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Butter- 1 cup (softened)
- Vanilla- 1 tsp
- Choco chips-1 cup
- Whole almond- 1/2 cup
- Baking soda-1 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- 1Grind the whole almonds to powder. Keep aside.
- 2Preheat oven. In a bowl mix together, butter, egg, vanilla and sugars. Mix till smooth. Sift in the flour, almond powder, baking soda and salt into the butter-egg mixture. Mix till a smooth dough is formed.
- 3Stir in the choco chip. Mix
- 4Scoop out a rounded tbsp of cookie mixture onto ungreased baking tray. Bake 8-10 mins or until light brown. Allow to cool (center will be soft). Remove on wire rack and cool further. Enjoy.